Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Coeburn Cinema

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Both Wise and Coeburn theatres are just plain outdated. They need cleaner floors, bathrooms, better audio, and stadium seating. I know in bigger towns/cities, older movie theatres stay in business by lowering their prices ($1- $3 a movie) instead of making costly renovations.

    Some older theaters will show movies that are just a little bit older (like a movie that came out last month) in order to charge lower prices. You could always have free refills on large popcorns and drinks (if you don't do that already)in order to keep people coming too.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Prices are ridiculous....theatre is in poor condition, usually nasty, weveral seats were broken down last time I went.

  3. #3
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Last time I was at Coeburn Cinema I watched PORKY'S,,, everything was fine then,,,,,,,,,,ha

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    They all need work.
    I work with the owner's wife. I've always wanted to ask her if they were going to do anything about upgrades.

    The drive-in theater, which I do love btw, is the worst. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

    Funny thing though, when I lived in Blacksburg I would go to the theaters at the NRV Mall. Those sucked worse that these local ones. They were more expensive, more nasty, more broken seats, no cup holders and TINY screens.
    Coming back here to watch a movie almost seemed like a treat in comparison!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    i've never really been bothered by the coeburn cinema, as long as the movie doesnt mess up, im fine with it

    but the seats could use some work, and just some overall cleaning in the theatres would help out a lot, id shut one room down at a time and do some massive cleaning (so the business can still run, even if it is two movies)
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  6. #6
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Years ago the two theatres in B'burg ( one on College Ave next to Mr. Fooz and the other on N. Main close to the Hokie House ) were both nasty as could be , but they were in walking distance of dorm so we went .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    [ QUOTE ]
    several seats were broken down last time I went.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yep, has been that way for a long while.
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Its because everyone is at wal-mart! haha
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    All three of Coeburn's theaters are nasty and stinky. There is a constant puddle of liquid up near the screen where the floor forms a V.

    Sound isn't that bad there, but the video quality is sometimes lacking.

    Wise is too cramped. If a film is longer than 90 minutes, I can't stay there and watch it in it's entirety. The seats are so close together that you can barely even cross your legs.

    We haven't been to Bristol that much lately just because of gas prices. But if it is a big movie (Pirates, etc), I'll make the special trip.

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    The quality of movies, for one. Believe me, if something I want to see was showing in Coeburn, I'd go, just so I wouldn't have to ride all the way to Kingsport. But I can't count how many times straight I've had to pack up the boys and ride to Kingsport just to see a movie that had just come out.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •